Barbara Reilly, Ph.D.
Turknett Leadership Group
Dr. Barbara Reilly is a Human Capital and Talent Management Executive and Thought Leader, with a track record of building partnerships across a variety of organizations and industrial settings. Barb is a subject matter expert and business advisor to HR and business leaders in the areas of change management, leadership development, learning and development, strategy, talent management, team functionality, conflict resolution, and employee engagement processes. Barb brings over 20 years progressive management/leadership experience and a proven track record of developing and executing successful Human Resource, Talent, and Culture shift initiatives that support broad scale organization transformations.
Barbara is a Senior Consultant at Turknett Leadership Group and she serves on TLG’s Board of Advisors. Her business relationship with Turknett Leadership Group has spanned over 20 years.
Reilly has a proven trach record in executive coaching, having coached hundreds of leaders over the past twenty years across the United States and Canada. She has extensive experience in both the private and public sector. From 2011 to 2017, Dr. Reilly consulted exclusively with healthcare clients while at Press Ganey.
Dr. Reilly also currently teaches Executive Leadership in the Georgia State University Robinson College of Business EMBA program. She was previously a faculty member at Georgia State University for over 15 years, serving as Assistant Professor (Senior Lecturer) in Managerial Sciences. She has also taught internationally at United Arab Emirates University in Abu Dhabi and at Cyprus International Institute of Management (CIIM) in Nicosia and Limassol. Her academic interests include employee engagement, large-scale change, leveraging survey feedback, effective team deployment, resilience, mindfulness, multigenerational leadership, and resistance to change.
Dr. Reilly received her doctorate in Industrial Organizational Psychology from Bowling Green State University in Ohio, and she has completed postdoctoral training in international business from USC. She is a frequent contributor to psychology and management journals and is an active member in a number of professional organizations.
Representative Consulting Engagements
- National Non Profit – Executive coaching for successful mid-size market presidents being groomed to lead larger markets
- Global Consulting Firm – Conducted pay equity analyses of over 38,000 employees to help firm assess fairness of payroll practices and to comply with ongoing OFCCP audits
- Banking and Financial Services Firm – Team alignment and conflict resolution; third party peacemaking with hostile executives
- Large Telecom Company – Delivered customized training programs in a large-scale, cascading, leadership development program
- Large Family-owned firm – Family and organization dynamics work
- Mining and Chemicals Company – Individual coaching and leadership team development to help a leader move the entire team to a higher level of effectiveness
- National Healthcare/Medical Organization – Individual coaching for physicians to help strengthen their administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Large Hotel Chain – Turnaround coaching for valued senior executive with result of significantly improving his relationships across the organization
- Banking and Financial Services Firm – Long-term coaching with IT executives; management assessment process to determine leadership bench strength and inform restructure
- Large Telecom Company – Coached multiple high potentials from operations, marketing, customer service, and technology organizations
- Large health system – Talent management. Employee Engagement and Measures, Analytics and Research.
- Large Health System – Alignment of Senior HR Leaders and Chief Nursing Officers in a multiday retreat
- Multinational Beverage Corporation – Leading a Team Building event for International Innovation Leaders from around the Globe
- Federal Banking System – Designed and executed a high potential Leadership Academy
- Workplace Interior Firm – Designed and executed a conflict resolution intervention to ease tension between corporate and resellers