Christine Mayfield, Ph.D.
Ph.D Senior Consultant
Dr. Christine Mayfield has over 18 years consulting experience in multiple industries, including financial services, healthcare, retail, hospitality, transportation, and media. Her areas of focus are leadership assessment and development, organizational surveys, and employee selection processes. She has also guided organizational research efforts related to employee morale/retention, organizational culture and change, organizational trust, and sales and managerial performance.
Christine blends her keen analytical ability with strong communication to ensure that clients get the most from their data and internal research/surveys. She expertly analyzes situations and information and summarizes issues in a thorough, balanced, and user-friendly manner.
Earlier in her career, Christine spent 10 years as a consultant at Corporate Insights & Development in Atlanta where she applied her technical expertise to develop and validate assessment scales, competency models, selection processes, and performance appraisal systems. Prior to consulting, Christine was part of the employee relations team at United Parcel Service that fully in-sourced the UPS employee satisfaction and engagement survey of over 200,000 employees worldwide. She also conducted the employee survey for the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
Christine has assessed and provided feedback and coaching to hundreds of managers, helping them identify strengths, skill gaps, and paths to meeting priority goals. She equips and enables leaders with an eye for the future, emphasizing versatility and constantly learning from experience. She has also facilitated team/group coaching sessions.
Christine holds a doctorate in industrial/organizational psychology from Georgia Institute of Technology. She received a B.S. in psychology from the College of Charleston. Christine has significant experience with multiple cognitive abilities tests as well as personality inventories and social styles indicators such as the 16PF, CPI, NEO, MBTI, FIRO-B, and the Hogan Leadership Series. She has also developed and worked with a variety of 360 feedback instruments (e.g., CCL Benchmarks and Lominger VOICES).
Christine resides in Atlanta with her young son. She enjoys writing and occasionally facilitates women’s retreats. She recently expanded her focus to the faith community, working to increase congregational engagement.
Areas of Specialization
- Selection System Design and Validation
- Leadership Assessment and Development
- Employee Engagement (and Opinion) Surveys
- 360 Feedback and Assessment
- Leadership Coaching
- Performance Management
- Competency Modeling
- Organizational Research
- Organizational Trust
Representative Consulting and Coaching Engagements
- National New and Used Car Retailer – Conducted in-depth assessments (including 360 interviews) and summarized data for individual action planning for high potential leaders
- Large Healthcare Organization – Conducted 360 feedback and personality assessments, integrated data, and provided feedback and coaching for mid-level leaders.
- Large Global Financial Services Organization – Conducted 360 interviews for CEO’s management team and summarized information for use in annual performance review process and review by the Board of Directors
- Large Banking/Financial Services Organization – Summarized assessment and 360 feedback information for in-depth feedback and leadership development planning with high potential leaders
- Large Financial Services organization – Created multi-tiered leadership competency model and developed 360 feedback instrument for use in assessing competencies.
- Large Insurance Company – Developed manual, user’s guide, and communication plan to direct the organization’s assessment and selection processes.
- Developed assessment instruments and/or processes for multiple organizations, including national retailers, financial services organizations, healthcare/pharmaceutical companies; these instruments/processes are used for both leader selection and development
- Developed employee survey instruments and processes (including data gathering, integration/summary, and action planning) for multiple organizations, including entertainment/hospitality industry, financial services, healthcare, transportation, and communications organizations.
Contact Information for Turknett Leadership Group: