Patricia Thompson, PhD
Turknett Leadership Group
Dr. Patricia Thompson is a Corporate Psychologist and Management Consultant who is passionate about helping her clients to achieve better outcomes by cultivating talent and making smart hiring decisions. Patricia has taught courses and facilitated seminars at the Wharton Business School, the University of Toronto, Emory University, Spelman College, Georgia State University, and a variety of businesses on topics such as building trust in groups, emotional intelligence, and developing leadership competencies. She has also won awards from the American Psychological Association, the Southeastern Psychological Association, and the Georgia Psychological Association for excellence in research. She has been consulting to CEOs and senior executives of organizations ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies all across North America since 2004.
Dr. Thompson enjoys helping others to achieve greater success by drawing on the science of positive psychology. As such, she is the author of The Consummate Leader: a Holistic Guide to Inspiring Growth in Others…and in Yourself, and has been a featured expert in CNN.com, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, The Network Journal, Investor’s Business Daily, Monster.com, CareerBuilder, the CEO magazine, and other sites. In addition, she was named by MindBodyGreen and Athleta as one of 100 Women to Watch in Wellness.
Originally from Alberta, Canada, she completed her B.A. in sociology at the University of Toronto. She then went on to earn her M.A. and Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Georgia State University. As part of her training, she completed a predoctoral internship at the University of Pennsylvania and a postdoctoral fellowship through Emory University’s School of Medicine.
- Psychological assessment for selection and development
- Executive coaching for senior leaders, high potentials, entrepreneurs
- Turnaround coaching to prevent derailment of valued managers
- 360 assessment and feedback
- Organizational culture audits
- Executive team development
Representative Consulting Engagements
- Fortune 500 consulting firm – Pre-hire and developmental assessments. Feedback for senior executives. Executive coaching
- Fortune 500 financial institution – Pre-hire and developmental assessments for senior executives. 360 feedback with executives. Talent management and succession planning. Executive coaching with senior executives.
- Fortune 500 utilities company – Pre-hire assessments. Departmental cultural audit. Diversity seminar facilitation. Executive coaching.
- Large regional non-profit health system – Pre-hire and developmental assessments. Executive coaching. Departmental cultural audit.
- Large regional non-profit health system – Talent management. Pre-hire and developmental assessments. Executive coaching. Team building. Organizational cultural audit.
- Large fast food chain – Executive coaching to prevent derailment of a valued employee. Emotional intelligence training.
- Large private food distribution company – Organizational culture audit, talent management, pre-hire and developmental assessments, executive coaching.
- Regional non-profit hospice system – Succession planning and pre-hire assessments of incoming CEO and CFO candidates.
- Governmental agencies – Executive coaching and 360 assessment and feedback projects
About Turknett Leadership Group
Turknett Leadership Group is one of the oldest firms in the Southeast experienced in character-based leadership and organization development. Our professional staff includes licensed psychologists, organization development consultants, and seasoned business leaders – all of whom have years of experience coaching executives and high potential managers.
Using the Turknett Leadership Character Model® as our principal guide – together with the latest in assessment tools and development techniques – we enable companies to select, develop, promote, retain, and engage the best performing, most ethical talent available. The ultimate measure of our success is your improved business and leadership performance.