- Behavioral Lessons from the Awards: Research Findings from the Leadership Character Awards
- Since 2003, the Turknett Leadership Group has been hosting the Leadership Character Awards. These...
- Leaders Who Changed the World: Who Are You Most Like?
- President’s Day is near, and we decided to reflect upon some of the lessons, qualities, and...
- The Content of our Character: Lincoln, MLK, Oprah, and Bart
- I still read newspapers – the old-fashioned, paper kind. I had pulled out the front page of...
- Servant Leadership and Happiness in Dallas
- Some folks, on reading this title, will think I've just flown on a certain airline headquartered in...
- Ron Johnson, Shan Cooper, and the Three Levels of Change Leadership
- I have been fascinated by the story of Ron Johnson, the Apple exec who lasted only fifteen months...
TLG has had interns and graduate research assistants in the office for at least twenty years. We find it a wonderful way not only to … Read More
Turknett Leadership Group and Transformational Leadership Inc. conducted a 2-day workshop for women leaders in Atlanta on April 22 and 23, 2014. We had 13 … Read More
The Greenleaf Center and the Turknett Leadership Character Awards combine forces to recognize Georgia’s servant leaders
The Robert K. Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership and Atlanta-based Turknett Leadership Group announce an exciting new partnership. The 11th Annual Turknett Leadership Character Awards … Read More
Part One I’ve followed the sad decline of JC Penney over the past few years – it’s a classic story of how NOT to lead … Read More
A CURIOUS INTRODUCTION By Lyn Turknett My mother was curious – super curious. She was born early in the last century, but she had a … Read More
For anyone who knows me well, it will be no surprise that I found myself wondering about the history of St. Patrick’s day as I … Read More
Click here to read the highlights from Dr. Liz Roling’s SHRM-Atlanta 360 GEM.
Large organizations with strong talent management departments are leading a surge in the use of assessments. A recent Journal of Consulting Psychology article reports that … Read More
Valentine’s Day is here, and love is in the air! Due to these amorous circumstances, I thought I’d do a post about why I love … Read More
Imagine being in a large room surrounded by a sea of incredible leaders and amazing fish that are so inspiring they make you want to … Read More
A version of this post was read at the 2013 Turknett Leadership Character Awards luncheon: The Turknett Leadership Character Awards were created in 2003, as … Read More
Dateline Orlando – Academy of Management By: Lyn Turknett I’m still “reporting” from the Academy of Management conference in Orlando – and thoroughly enjoying the … Read More
Dateline Orlando – Academy of Management Conference I can’t imagine a better place to be than Disney right now. The attraction for me is not … Read More
By: Liz Roling, Ph.D. The Wall Street Journal published an article titled “How a Few Bad Apples Ruin Everything,” explaining that “deadbeats (‘with-holders of effort’), … Read More
By Susan Hitchcock As unlikely as you may think, today’s managers and leaders of all ages can learn from the two of the most famous … Read More