Our proprietary research, amassed over twenty years of our work with both male and female leaders, indicates that women are more “performance avoidant” than men, meaning that they may shy away from challenges and stretch assignments without realizing it. Moreover, they often have exceptional relationships skills, but miss opportunities to apply those skills to influence others. Our data also shows that women often have lower self-confidence than warranted by competency.
Our vision is to help women leaders advance in their organizations, grow in their leadership, and gain skills to help them overcome some of the barriers identified above.
TLG and Transformational Leadership are offering a two-day open enrollment workshop (April 22 and 23, 2014 in Atlanta, GA) that helps high potential women leaders gain clarity and confidence in their leadership style and build the skills and agency needed to achieve the high impact they want to make in their organizations. Topics include:
- Developing and marketing your authentic personal leadership brand
- Leading yourself with emotional intelligence
- Asking powerfully for what you want (influencing skills)
- Leadership at the next level
- Gender Communication – The Evolved Leader
- Thriving in the 24/7 Normal
This program differentiates from others in that it:
- Is customized to meet the unique needs of women leaders
- Uses proprietary leadership methodologies with proven impact in Fortune 500 companies
- Is co-facilitated by C-level leaders with experience at P&G, Novartis, and Coca-Cola as well as leadership experts in organizational psychology and sociology
- Provides a unique learning methodology that allows participants to create concrete action plans for themselves
- Has a proven learning impact via pre- and post-survey results
Program Outcomes for Participants:
- To be more authentic and self-confident in their leadership
- To be more powerful in having a voice influencing decisions
- To have greater self-awareness and self-mastery in tough situations
- To develop skills to thrive at the next level
- To provide tools to manage to work life priorities
- To learn how to communicate effectively across genders
Cost per participant: US $1,750 includes workshop materials and workbooks, meals during workshop, coffee & networking event with prominent guest speakers. Discount: $ 1,500 per participant with 5 participants.
Registration Deadline: April 4, 2014. To register, please call 770.270.1723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Clients Include: Coca-Cola, UPS, J&J, AT&T, Home Depot, Southern Company, Cox.
Location: To be Confirmed (Atlanta Mid-Town or Buckhead area)
This workshop will be offered as a collaboration between Transformational Leadership Inc. and Turknett Leadership Group.
Henna Inam is the CEO of Transformational Leadership Inc., a company focused on helping organizations grow their pipeline of female talent. Clients are Fortune 500 companies including UPS, The Coca-Cola Company, J&J, Deloitte, and Novartis. Transformational Leadership Inc. builds trusted global partnerships with these companies to help them meet their goals.
Henna brings the expertise she gained from her 20 years managing P&L’s working in companies like Procter & Gamble and Novartis. As an advisor to top management, Henna’s credibility with senior leadership in organizations is based on her experience in C-level roles such as Chief Marketing Officer of a two billion dollar business and Regional President running over 500 million P&L.
Carolyn (Lyn) Turknett is the co-founder and President of Turknett Leadership Group. Lyn attended Mount Holyoke College and received her B.S. in Mathematics from the University of Georgia, where she was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. She received her M.A. in Sociology, with emphasis in organizational sociology, from the University of Georgia.
Lyn has more than 20 years of experience in management and leadership consulting. The focus of her work is character in leadership, organization assessment and change, executive team development, and the development of women. Turknett Leadership Group has long focused on the development of women, and has presented the monthly Women in Leadership Seminar series since 2003, with 128 consecutive monthly programs through December of 2013.
Jeffery Tobias Halter is an international speaker, author, gender strategist and the President of YWomen, a strategic consulting company focused on helping men (i.e. Y Chromosomes) and women to understand and unleash the power of women in organizations.
Jeffery is the former Director of Diversity Strategy at the Coca-Cola Company where his 26 year career spanned positions in sales management, leadership development and diversity education and strategy. Jeffery has also worked for Procter & Gamble and Alberto-Culver.
Testimonials from Prior Workshops
“Over the course of my career, I have attended many development workshops. Having tasted ‘improvement’ methods in the past I was expecting more of the same. However, I was pleasantly surprised by Henna’s unique approach which was facilitated with a small group of women in such an intimate and meaningful way. This ‘check-in’ process, if anything, made me reevaluate the direction of my intentions. It was time well spent, and I developed new connections with an amazing group of women outside my industry.”
Carla Hansen, PC Category Management Lead, Microsoft