Gary is an ACC credentialed Coach with the International Coach Federation who brings direct personal experience as a former CEO with a 6-year tenure, long time P&L leader and executive search consultant to his clients. He is an active coach to senior executives in organizations in North America, with a particular focus on working with the C-Suite and high potential leaders. He has worked in multiple industries with a primary focus on Cleantech, Industrial, Professional Services and Financial Services.
Gary also has a passion for helping college students develop their leadership skills and approach to support their journey to become the best version of themselves and maximize their impact on the world. He works with the Doerr Institute for New Leaders to coach students at Rice University through their Activation and Synthesis leadership development solutions. He works with students at the Doctorate, Master, and Bachelor levels to help them develop their Emotional Intelligence, define their Leadership Best Self, and develop intentionality in their journey to become the leader they want to be. In addition to individual work with students at Rice, he has led multiple group coaching programs on topics such as Developing and Sustaining Resilience, Developing Trust as a Superpower, and Living and Leading with Purpose.
Gary graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Finance. He and his wife live in Austin, where he is active on several philanthropic non-profit boards.
• Individual Systemic Coaching
• Systemic Leadership Team Coaching
• Emotional Intelligence Coaching
• First Time or Newly Promoted CEO/P&L
• Developing Strategic Focus for Technology
• Strength Development Assessment and
• Coaching High Potential Leaders in
developing key leadership competencies
• Credentialed Certified Practitioner of Systemic Team Coaching, a powerful individual and team coaching methodology that assists CEO’s and their teams to develop Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies, effectively add value to an ever growing inventory of stakeholders companies must serve as well as traditional team coaching strategies to develop team effectiveness, psychological safety, etc.
• Relates directly to the pressures involved in the C-Suite, how to develop and display emotional intelligence in the midst of leading a company, building and developing a high value creating leadership team, what it’s like to report to a Board and the need to effectively manage the stressors that are standard in today’s C-Suite.
• Central Areas of Focus:
Golf, Biking, Reading, Art, Cooking
Italian, Thai, Tex-Mex
U2, Dire Straits, Supertramp
Leadership Books, Lonesome Dove, Ben Franklin, Steve Jobs
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice, knowing what you know now, what would it be?
Has just been hired or promoted into a new role and needs to drive change or a leader whose team is
Making the decision to pursue leadership and leadership team development consulting full time.
Being able to coach systemically, which I believe is critical today due to the amount of change required of businesses.
Trust in the Lord and serve Him and others with my very best.
Helping people realize a greater purpose and version of themselves.