Gary is an ACC credentialed Coach with the International Coach Federation who brings direct personal experience as a first time CEO, long time P&L leader and executive search consultant to his clients. He is an active coach to senior executives in organizations in North America, with a particular focus on working with the C-Suite and high potential leaders. He has worked in multiple industries with a primary focus on Cleantech, Industrial, Professional
Services and Financial Services.
He has been coaching CEOs and their teams for the past 10 years and resides in Austin, TX. His successful experience as a CEO gives him a unique ability to understand how company dynamics and strategy can change radically in a very short period. As a leader who has been hired for diverse and different roles, Gary is adept at helping high potential leadership candidates realize their full potential by focusing on the development of their emotional intelligence and approach to leading people. He understands the difficulties involved in assuming a new role.
• Individual Systemic Coaching
• Systemic Leadership Team Coaching
• Emotional Intelligence Coaching
• First Time or Newly Promoted CEO/P&L
• Developing Strategic Focus for Technology
• Strength Development Assessment and
• Coaching High Potential Leaders in
developing key leadership competencies
• Credentialed Certified Practitioner of Systemic Team Coaching, a powerful individual and team coaching methodology that assists CEO’s and their teams to develop Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies, effectively add value to an ever growing inventory of stakeholders companies must serve as well as traditional team coaching strategies to develop team effectiveness, psychological safety, etc.
• Relates directly to the pressures involved in the C-Suite, how to develop and display emotional intelligence in the midst of leading a company, building and developing a high value creating leadership team, what it’s like to report to a Board and the need to effectively manage the stressors that are standard in today’s C-Suite.
• Started up a Leadership Development and Systemic Leadership Team Development Practice for a global executive search and leadership advisory.
• Member of vendor coach team at Rice University coaching students on leadership development with heavy emphasis on emotional intelligence. Program available to every student grad, PhD and undergrad alike.
Golf, Biking, Reading, Art, Cooking
Italian, Thai, Tex-Mex
U2, Dire Straits, Supertramp
Leadership Books, Lonesome Dove, Ben Franklin, Steve Jobs
If you could give the younger version of yourself advice, knowing what you know now, what would it be?
Has just been hired or promoted into a new role and needs to drive change or a leader whose team is
Making the decision to pursue leadership and leadership team development consulting full time.
Being able to coach systemically, which I believe is critical today due to the amount of change required of businesses.
Trust in the Lord and serve Him and others with my very best.
Helping people realize a greater purpose and version of themselves.